Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mincher & Daly KC weekend!

      Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days but my sister and her family have been here and I haven't even been on my computer! They arrived around 11:00pm Friday night so we sat up and chatted for a bit before we all hit the hay before our busy day the next day.
      Saturday morning John and Charlie got up super early and headed out to Kansas Speedway to enjoy the activities and the truck race while Heather and I took the kids to Crown Center for awhile and then to the Moon Marble factory in Bonner Springs, KS..what an awesome place! The kids got some cool marbles and got to watch a guy make a marble. Its amazing how beautiful some of the marbles are!! That evening the adults went off to Hamburger Mary's to watch a drag queen show.. fun fun time! Loved every minute of it! Then back home to sit around the dining room table and chat for a while before we went to bed @ 1:00am.. EXHAUSTED!!
     This morning John and Charlie got up early again to head back to the speedway to enjoy their Track Passes and check out pit road before the STP 400 began at noon. Heather and I with the 2 girls (Kenzie & Ashley) headed off to the City Market downtown.. got lots of fresh fruits and veggies and some great deals at the City Market flea market.. lots of new clothes for Kenzie... we went through her drawer the other day and she had outgrown most of her stuff here at Damnma and Papa's so we had to restock.. LOL after that was a yummy lunch @ Chipotle in the Power and Light District before we headed off to Cargo Largo in Independence! Love that place too.. don't get there very often though!  Around 4:00pm we headed back to my house and Charlie and John had returned from the track so they headed home after a super busy but fun weekend! I got my house all picked up (my cats are thanking me for cleaning their litter boxes finally) and laundry is going.
     Tomorrow I am relaxing, watching what I eat, and going to try to finally get some exercise in.

Glad Charlie, my sister,  and the kids came out here to KC! Hope they had fun! Glad you guys made it home safely! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment