Saturday, April 7, 2012

Junk Hunting in the West Bottoms

Dalton has been asking for sometime for a desk in his room to do his homework so I gave him my desk that was in the dining room but ended up with a huge empty spot so I begged John to go with me to Urban Mining (vintage store that I love in Westport) to see if I could find a bookshelf or an off the wall funky piece of furniture to put there and he said "Sure lets go!" There was one bookshelf there I liked but of course it wasn't for sale so as we were headed out the door we found some flyers for other vintage repurposed shops that are only open First Friday weekend in the West Bottoms so off we went! We went to a new one called House of Myriad (grand opening today) what an awesome building and great prices.. ended up finding an awesome piece of artwork there and bought it for 12 bucks! Oh and its a non-profit even better! After going to a few more places we did find a very nice bookshelf and became the owners after John and the dealer lady finished haggling on the price. They were both having a blast with that! LOL Definitely will go down there again for First Friday weekend sales.. fun fun!
Then it was off to Wal Mart to get the boys Easter goodies (never too old for the Easter Bunny) and to the grocery store for a few things before we got dinner and headed home... very long day, lots of walking but I love junk hunting with my hubby!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

2 comments: